The Passion of the Sufferer, a commemoration of the Vast Expletive in stained glass.
How not to stop a Homestuck chain on Doodle or Die. They gave me sacred profanity to play with! [Text description and notes under the jump.]
This is my magnum doodle. It is the most complex drawing I have ever created in my life. It took me about thirty hours of solid work, because I am not one of those amazing talented people who dashes off photorealism and calls it a “quick sketch between classes.”
My usual doodles take me 1-2 hours, for a sense of scale. About 20 hours in, my sole purpose in life became finishing this before some horrific browser crash lost my work forever. If I’m inspired to do splashy Homestuck art again, I’m switching to a medium with a save button.
I took screencaps along the way, and captured a movie of the whole thing redrawing from scratch just before I hit Submit. If anyone would find those amusing, send an Ask and I’ll post them. Otherwise I’ll assume they’re the sort of thing that’s only of interest to the sleep-deprived artist.
Doodle or Die prompt of “Stop with the homosuck shit holy hell” The response is a stained glass window triptych of the Troll Ancestors.
The center pane is the martyred Sufferer (nearly a panel redraw) with a scroll reading “#$@%” above his hands. The background fades down from black at the top into bright Tyrian purple with the Condesce’s horns and hair boiling out of the bottom of the pane.
The left pane is the Dolorosa standing upright, but wearing a large aquamarine collar and wrist shackles. Beside her and upside down is the Psiioniic, with his arms dangling below his head and Tyrian purple wrist shackles. The background fades from sea green at the top to a night sky with stars at the bottom.
Above the left pane is a smaller oval pane of the Condesce’s gold fork on a Crocker red background.
The right pane is the E%ecutor with his bow drawn and pointed at the crouching Disciple. The color scheme is direct from the comic, but it is not a panel redraw; the view is from behind the Disciple.
Above the right pane is a smaller oval pane of the Sgrub logo glowing at the center of a spirograph Green Sun.]
- geckopirateship likes this
- martymuses likes this
- thesycorax likes this
- jackalkingston reblogged this from meddlinggeminiform and added:
- refreshingenchantress likes this
- everwest likes this
- mrkuzuryuu likes this
- contrarygreymalkin likes this
- destituteluminary likes this
- myonmallow likes this
- ledigodoesart reblogged this from meddlinggeminiform
- ledigodoesart likes this
- kordessa likes this
- seath64 reblogged this from meddlinggeminiform
- the-almighty-invader likes this
- sugary-empress likes this
- moreglubbinchances reblogged this from twinfoldarchivist
- twinfoldarchivist reblogged this from meddlinggeminiform
- twinfoldarchivist likes this
- diatomatic likes this
- burpburpdunkinsnack likes this
- zippyskipy likes this
- kelbremdusk likes this
- mcchampionpants likes this
- glubblub reblogged this from meddlinggeminiform
- glubblub likes this
- everwest said: you should definitely post the movie. I don’t even care about homestuck, but I am curious about the process…
- twispy likes this
- scootaloos likes this
- insecureillustrator-rebubbles likes this
- trickortrickkid likes this
- kombuchaclock likes this
- arjache likes this
- togarmy likes this
- dumbfrickindani reblogged this from meddlinggeminiform and added:
- dumbfrickindani likes this
- necromancercronus likes this
- meddlinggeminiform posted this